5.29.2010

RIP Dennis Hopper.

As most of you know by now actor, filmmaker, and all around badass Dennis Hopper passed away today. Hopper needs no introduction and had been in the movie industry since 1955's Rebel Without A Cause. To be able to have a career that long and successful says something about the man. He will be missed.

My first vivid experience with Hopper was back in 1994 when my Grandpa took me to the movies. He didn't care what we saw, so I had to pick. For some reason, I chose Speed. I don't know why, but I'll never forget it. Maybe it's because I got to see an R Rated movie when I was 11 or maybe it's because I was spending time with someone who actually meant something to me? I honestly don't know why, but I like to think that a certain performance by a deformed mad man named Howard Payne had a little something to do with it. Regardless, when I heard the news today, it definitely brought back that random Saturday afternoon.

Due yourself a favor and check out the following movies if you already haven't: Easy Rider,  Apocalypse Now, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, River's Edge, Blue Velvet, Hoosiers, COLORS (Directed), True Romance, and of course Speed. All Dennis Hopper staples.



0 comments: