1.26.2009

Farmhouse Favorites, Part 2 ('08 Edition).

Ok, I said I was going to give you my Top 10 Movies next, but I am not quite done with that list, so you get my favorite television programs instead. Top 10 Movies will be coming in the next couple of days, I promise.

Top Television Shows in 2008.

Drama - Breaking Bad.


So I know this would be considered a "New Drama," but it came out early last year, so I am considering it just a regular ol' Drama. I can't wait till Season 2. I always thought Bryan Cranston from Malcolm in the Middle was a good actor, so I knew I would enjoy this when it first came out, but it really caught me off guard with how good it really was. Totally different from anything he's done in the past, but still amazing. The characters and story truly drive this series. Season 2 starts March 8th on AMC. Get into it.

Comedy - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.


Every Thursday night Helen and I would stay in and watch this hilarious show. Some people didn't like this season, but I thought it was pretty funny. Sure, a couple episodes were average, but this season also had The Nightman Cometh (Season Finale), Mac & Dennis: Manhunters, The Gang Solves The Gas Crisis, America's Next Top Paddy's Billboard Model Contest, and The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell. All were amazing. Sweet Dee finally stepped it up this season too. It was great to see Sinbad and Rob Thomas getting some work these days as well. I still think Mac is my favorite out of the gang.

Sports - SportsCenter.


You like sports, you watch SportsCenter. No other sports news channel can even compete. Case closed.

Animated - South Park.


Even after 12 seasons, Trey Parker and Matt Stone continue to push the envelope, stay original, and make a funny/creative television program. Eric Cartman is genius. Sure he's racist and mean, but goddamnit he's funny. This season had great episodes like Tonsil Trouble, Canada on Strike, Eek, A Penis!, Super Fun Time, and The China Problem. It's crazy how fast they turn these out. Especially with the Presidential episode called About Last Night... I am always impressed with how these 2 can top themselves come every season.

New Drama - True Blood.


Not gonna lie, after the first episode of True Blood aired I was kind of turned off. I thought it was cheesy and flat out not good. It definitely took a couple episodes to get into, but once I was in, I was hooked. I wanted more after each episode ended couldn't wait to know what happened the following Sunday. Had no idea who the killer was until it was revealed at the end of the second to last episode. Very excited for the upcoming season that's begins airing in June. HBO is always on top of the game.

New Comedy - Summer Heights High.

 

God, I could watch an entire show just on Jonah alone. The kid kills me. Chris Lilley's other two characters, Mr. G and Ja'mie were pretty funny at times too, but they had nothing on Jonah and his breakdancing buddies. I have no clue if this was only a 1 season type show, but I do hope they shoot another one. I am gonna go out on a limb here, but I think this show is better than Flight of the Conchords. Yeah, I said it.

Show I Should Watch, But Don't - Mad Men.


I hear nothing but great things about this show. I really need to get my shit together and finally sit down and start watching it. Other than that, I got nothing.

Show I Watch, But Not Enough Of - 30 Rock.


A show I watched randomly through out the year and laughed pretty hard at times, but I never got hooked. I should sit down one night and just bang out like 5 of the new episodes on NBC.com.

Biggest Disappointment - Entourage.


Ugh, what a shitty season for Entourage. Just when you think it's gonna pick up and start getting better, Vince says or does something that made me want to punch him in the face. Ari definitely stole the show this season and I actually thought E did a good job as well. They should have named this season, Entourage: Vinny is a Bitch.

0 comments: