3.25.2008

Johnny Cupcakes' Cupcake Cave/Arcade.

Video games really aren't what they used to be when I was a kid. I remember my Mom dropping me off after elementary school at the local mini mart to dump quarters into their Mortal Kombat II coin op. From playing hours at a time to actually buying a cheat book with all the special moves and fatalities, I was hooked. A cool thing my school would do was take everyone who made the honor roll on a special field trip to Blackbeard's once a year. A lot of my friends would hit up the water slides or go-karts right when they got there. I would go straight to their Mortal Kombat II game. It was definitely a good incentive to always get good grades. These fond memories lead me to actually look up Mortal Kombat II coin-op's on eBay and Craigslist last May before I moved into my new apartment. The only thing stopping me was the $650 price tag and lack of room in our apartment. After realizing I wouldn't be able to get one, I forgot about them entirely. It wasn't till I saw these pictures of Johnny Cupcakes' arcade in his basement that I remembered about it and became jealous. I figured I would share with you guys what this lucky man has in there.

Mortal Kombat II (My favorite video game ever...obviously).

A Tales From The Crypt pinball machine. Need I say more?

Skeeball!

Not only does he have a giant Super Mario statue, he also has a replica version of Pee Wee's bike.


When I think about it, it's pretty rad this man has built a multi-million dollar business from the trunk of his old Toyota off cupcake designs. High five to that and high five to your awesome arcade. Maybe 1 day I can take you on in a game of Mortal Kombat II. Dibbs on Sub-Zero.

Source: Johnny Cupcakes.

0 comments: